Upcoming Cultural Events and Activities
Sherman Indian High School Cultural Events/Activities
Ongoing activities for students:
Talking circle, traditional teachings, Sacred Voices Speakers Series, arts/crafts workshops, community outreach and Inter-Tribal Dance Group performances. Indigitize Film Making Project, Museum Digitization Projects job oppurtunities, and California Indian ManPower job are on-going.
- Elders/Youth Talking Circleheld at Clarke Culture Center on the 2nd Wednesday each month at 6:00pm. All other Talking Circles will be posted weekly.
- Culture Arts and Crafts at Clarke Culture CenterMonday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 4:00pm to 7:00pm
- Fancy Shawl Lessonsare weekly at Bennett Hall on Mondays 7:00pm – 8:00pm
- Daughters of Traditionsmeet every other Thursday from 4:30pm to 7:30pm at San Manuel
- Sons of Traditiongroups meets on Thursdays from 4:30pm to 6:00pm at Clarke Culture Center
- Indigenous Language Center and Indigenous Fashion and Designopen on weekdays after school
- Cahuilla Language ClassTuesdays 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Kiowa Language Class Tuesdays from 5:00pm to 6:00pm
- Monthly Intertribal Elders Potluck: Second Saturday, 4:30pm: at Bennett Memorial Hall
- Monthly Inland Empire Cherokee Community Meeting and Potluck: Third Saturday, 12:00pm at Bennett Memorial Hall